Universal solar charger
Posted by Solar energy guru | Filed under Solar power systems
What’s better than a charger that can give you the power boost of any of your handheld devices? How about one that is powered by the sun, removing your dependence and expense of electrical power? Universal solar chargers are but one way that you can change your habits and free your dependence on utility companies. This gadget is especially useful for hikers, bikers, campers, and international and business travelers. Whether you are studying on your laptop in the courtyard of your university or trying to power your camera while on a kayak, benefit from the technology out there.
There have been all sorts of encouraging developments in the green movement, and these green devices will only increase as research and demand increases. Maybe you aren’t ready to purchase solar panels for your home. A universal solar power charger is a simple introduction to the vastly fascinating world of solar energy products that one day will be a realistic option for the general public. If the warm fuzzy feelings of environmentalism do not inspire you, image the freedom you will experience if you win out of s device but are not near a wall socket, a car or a battery to power up your device. Imagine the sun and your charger being all you need to reach your energy needs.
When purchasing a universal solar charger, consider what you are using it for and make sure your device comes with the proper adaptability for that device. Hopefully you will be using the device for more than one device to fully maximize the benefits of the device.
Read on to learn more about the best universal solar chargers out there today:
- The Solio universal solar charger is one of the most popular models out there, and is most noted by its stylish design. This hybrid id powerful, flexible and comes with all sort of accessories including a charging cable, USB cable, a hemp pouch, a wall adapter and a whole slew of iGo tips for any kind of phone you can imagine. Battery and solar power combine to power this device. One hour of sunshine means 20 minutes of phone time or 50 minutes on the Mp3.
- The Brando universal solar charger At 4.5 volts and a wide variety of adaptability options, this device is convenient for travelers, business professionals and any environmentalist who’s looking for a compact, durable and lightweight solar powered charger. This affordable device also is a good back-up device for powering. Comes with short circuit, overcharge and overheating protection and an LED light to signal charging status. At its peak, this device puts out 1.54 watts of 5.5 volts, and has a battery capacity of 2500 mAh. This device weighs 240 grams. Comes with charger. AC/DC adapter, 7 connecting heads, and a user manual.
- Another option is to make your own universal charger. By taking a simple cell phone charger and configuring it to a lightweight solar panel, you can enjoy all of the benefits of a universal solar panel without the expense. If you aren’t as savvy and can’t afford the device on your own, hang in there – as this technology becomes more common, more people will be able to afford it.
- Soldius universal solar devices – at 5 inches and 4 ounces – come with all sorts of adapters and can gook up with all kinds of phones and mobile devices. There are 90,000 charges in the lifespan of this device. That’s about 50 tears of five charges a day. These devices are available in black or white and come with a one year warranty.
- The Brunton solar roll has received a lot of attention and is basically a solar panel that rolls up like a poster.